What information do we collect?
User-Provided Information – We collect any information that you provide when you use the Sites, including when you create an account, purchase a product, write a product review, apply for a job, participate in our message boards or forums, sign up to receive our electronic newsletters, participate in polls and surveys, or otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request. This can include, but is not limited to: (a) your name, contact information, username, password, and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases or respond to any offers; (c) information you provide when submitting an employment application form; and (d) information you provide us when you contact us.
How do we use this information?
We may use the information for a number of purposes, including:
- to provide you with products, services, or information you request;
- to contact you about the status of your product reviews;
- to enable you to participate in polls and surveys;
- to generate and analyse statistics about your use of the Sites;
- to provide you with information about the Sites or required notices;
- to deliver marketing communications or promotional materials from us, our affiliates, and third parties that may be of interest to you;
- to allow us to better tailor our content to our users’ needs;
- to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience;
- to customise your experience when using the Sites, such as by providing interactive or personalised elements on the Sites and providing you with content based on your interests; and
- to prevent and detect fraud, infringement, and other potential misuse of the Sites.
We also may anonymise, combine, or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Sites or elsewhere for any of these purposes. If you decide that you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us or from our carefully selected third party partners, you can simply click one of the “unsubmit” links that is included in every communication.
Do third parties see and/or have access to your information?
We may disclose User-Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a court order or other legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or the integrity of the Sites, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or breaches of a contract or a law, or respond to a government request;
- when we are not prohibited by applicable law from doing so without consent.
In addition, we may share aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, as well as anonymised information, with third parties. The Sites may contain links to websites published by other content providers. These other websites are not under our control, and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit and use.
How is my information secured?
We do not use the Sites to knowingly solicit information from, or market to, children under the age of 16. If you become aware that your child or any child under your responsibility has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at legalEMEA@otterproducts.com.
You have a right to access, update, rectify, and modify the data the Sites collect about you. You also have a right to oppose, for legitimate grounds, the processing of your data by the Sites. Should you oppose the processing of your data on legitimate grounds, you understand that you may not be able to use the Sites and this may result in reduced functionality of the Sites. You may exercise your rights to access, update, rectify, modify, and oppose the processing of your information by contacting us at legalEMEA@otterproducts.com.